Caribbean Sailing Holiday
Experience the Caribbean with its blue waters and spectacular black sandy beaches in a different way with Yachting Lifestyle: Caribbean Sailing Holidays. Wind your way through mysterious, emerald waters and drop anchor off deserted beaches. Known as ‘the island of the never-ending summer’, Martinique enjoys an average temperature of 26° year-round and keeps cool in steady trade winds. Martinique is a perfect destination for Caribbean sailing holidays and is one that showcases the French Caribbean at its finest. The capital, Fort de France, fully lives up to that description celebrating every aspect of the island’s all-encompassing French culture with style and panache. Creole friendliness and French elegance, coupled with the natural paradise of fine sand beaches, make Martinique the ideal destination which will leave its mark on seafarers who decide to spend here their sailing holidays.
In your Caribbean Sailing Holiday you will learn how to sail a yacht, or you can only lay in the sun, enjoying the breathtaking view, having a cold drink. It's your choice!
When: weekly from 11.02.2017 - 18.03.2017
Where: Martinique - Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Bequia - Tobago Cays - St. Lucia - Martinique
Marina: Le Marin - Martinique
Airport: Le Lamentin - Martinique Aimé Césaire International Airport
Caribbean Sailing Holiday - Available Sailboats
- 8 days accomodation
- A professional Skipper that will sail you to wonderful islands and amazing villages
- Fully insured yacht
- Dinghy and outboard engine
- Gas for the kitchen
- Safety equipment
- Sheets, blankets & towels
- GPS & nautical charts
- Final cleaning
- Stereo with speakers
- Tour planing and administration
- A fully featured yacht with everything you need for amazing sailing holidays
- Sun, sail, friends and unforgettable memories
Caribbean Sailing Holiday - Points of Interest
Martinique - Fort de France - There are some fine shops with Parisian wares (at Parisian prices), including French lingerie, St. Laurent clothes, Cacharel perfume, and sexy stiletto heels. Near the harbor is a lively indoor marketplace (grand marché), where produce and spices are sold.
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines – A string of 32 islands and cays makes up the nation of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. St. Vincent is one of the least touristy islands in the Caribbean. The beaches are either tiny crescents of black or brown sand on remote leeward bays or sweeping expanses of the same black sand pounded by Atlantic surf.
Bequia – it's a popular vacation destination in its own right. Bequia’s Admiralty Bay is one of the prettiest anchorages in the Caribbean. With superb views, snorkeling, hiking, and swimming, the island has much to offer the international mix of backpackers, landlubbers, and boaters who frequent its shores.
Tobago Cays – five uninhabited islands south of Canouan and east of Mayreau that draw snorkelers, divers, and boaters. Surrounded by a shallow reef, the tiny islands have rustling palm trees, pristine beaches with powdery sand, the clearest water imaginable in varying shades of brilliant blue—and plenty of resident fish and sea turtles.
Santa Lucia – With a lush interior featuring towering mountains, dense rain forest, fertile valleys, and acres of banana plantations, St. Lucia is mostly distinguished by the Pitons—twin peaks that soar high above the ocean floor on the southwest coast.
- Flights, airport transfer, diesel and marina fees are not included.
- Day 1
- SATURDAY: MARTINIQUE, LE MARIN / DEPARTURE TO BEQUIA (10h) Your “Dream Grenadines” catamaran is waiting for you from 18h (06:00pm) in the marina of Le Marin in the South of the island. Le Marin is a quiet village surrounding a deep bay encircled by mangroves, interspersed with reefs and islets, enclosed by an isthmus protecting it from swell and wind. As the first marina of the Lesser Antilles Le Marin is the perfect departure spot for a sailing cruise in the Grenadines! Welcome on board by your crew and installation in the cabins. Dinner on board and night sailing to Bequia, sailing successively along Sainte-Lucia and Saint-Vincent coasts.
- Day 2
- SUNDAY: BEQUIA – MUSTIQUE (1h30) Arrival before breakfast in Bequia (say "Bekoue"), the first island of the Grenadines Archipelago. You will do a stopover at Admiralty Bay. Farniente while the captain takes care of custom formalities. The capital Port Elisabeth is a small but animated town; the picture of the Queen of England that is posted in all bars reflects the attachment to the former colonial power. After lunch, short sailing to Mustique. Discover the island of the "jet set" from Hollywood to other royal personalities of the world! Luxurious hotels, private villas, selected bars and gourmet restaurants compose a sophisticated universe in the heart of this tropical paradise. Night on board.
- Day 3
- MONDAY: MUSTIQUE / MAYREAU (2h30) After breakfast on board, leisure and nautical activities at the anchorage: swimming, snorkelling, kayak, wake board and paddle. In option: a tour of the island with a jeep or local "pick up", swimming at the most beautiful beach of the island “Macaroni Beach” (ca. 2 hours). Departure for Mayreau early afternoon. Mooring in front of Saline Bay beach. Mayreau is the less populated island of the Archipelago with only about 300 inhabitants. This unique village can be discovered at one hour walk on a path starting at the beach of Saline bay. It is worth it to visit the cottages, bars and restaurants made from colourfully painted wood and the small stone church on top of the hill with a breathtaking view over the islands nearby. Dinner and night on board.
- Day 4
- TUESDAY: MAYREAU / TOBAGO CAYS (0,5h) In the morning, short sailing toward Tobago Cays islets, reefs surrounding the most beautiful lagoon of Grenadines. You are in the very heart of tropical paradise for lunch. Enter the enchanting coral barrier world; snorkelling at shallow depth. Taste sunbathes on fine white sandy beaches. Let’s do kayak, windsurf, or wake-board. Just venture on trails of desert islets to cactus, frangipani trees and endemic shrubs. Dinner and night on board. Option: BBQ on the beach : aperitif, dinner with lobster (seasonally) or mussels and fish
- Day 5
- WEDNESDAY: TOBAGO CAYS / BEQUIA / CUMBERLAND (SAINT VINCENT) (5,5 h) After breakfast navigation toward Bequia. Visit of the village with its local market and small boutiques, take the most of this heavenly place and its coral reef. Start after lunch toward Cumberland Bay in Saint Vincent. After dinner on board, you can go to "Beni” with steelband music playing in a very warm atmosphere.
- Day 6
- THURSDAY: SAINT VINCENT/ SAINT LUCIA (4h) Breakfast on board. Optionally you can take a taxi ride in the island: typical villages, view points. Swimming at a water fall after crossing a typical hanging bridge (approx. 2,5 hours) After lunch, heading on 2 Pitons, symbol of Sainte Lucia. Dinner and night on board.
- Day 7
- FRIDAY: SAINT LUCIA / SAINTE ANNE (MARTINIQUE) (5h) Breakfast on board. In option: tour of the island with driver and guide : village of La Soufrière, discovery of the Botanical Garden with its mineral springs and sulphurous baths; walk in crater of La Soufrière vulcano, between smokes and geysers of boiling water (approx. 3.5 hours). Lunch on board when sailing to Sainte Anne in Martinique. Dinner and night on board.
- Day 8
- SATURDAY: SAINTE ANNE / LE MARIN (0,5h) Breakfast on board. Short sailing Le Marin marina, disembarkation at 10h00.
No attendee found! Be the first one to book!