Sailing “The Garden of Eden” – Seychelles
Sailing Holiday Seychelles - Once believed to have been the original Garden of Eden, The Seychelles’ atolls and islands are rich with exotic plant and animal life and vibrant colour. Swim, snorkel and dive at some of the world’s finest coral in the company of green and hawksbill turtles. In your Seychelles sailing holiday, you can explore the exciting capital, Mahé, as well as nearby Praslin and La Digue, home to one of the most photographed beaches in the Seychelles, Anse Lazio, with its enormous granite boulders on each side of the bay.
You will learn how to sail a yacht, or you can only lay in the sun, enjoying the breathtaking view, having a cold drink. It's your choice!
When: 14 - 21.10.2017
Where: Mahé – St. Anne Marine Park – Silhouette – Cousin Island – Anse Lazio – Curieuse Island – Coco Island – La Digue – Praslin
Marina: Mahe Marina
Airport: Mahe International Airport
Sailing Holiday Seychelles - Available Sailboats - What's included
- 8 days accomodation
- A professional Skipper that will sail you to wonderful islands and amazing villages
- Fully insured yacht
- Dinghy and outboard engine
- Gas for the kitchen
- Safety equipment
- Sheets, blankets & towels
- GPS & nautical charts
- Final cleaning
- Stereo with speakers
- Tour planing and administration
- A fully featured yacht with everything you need for amazing sailing holidays
- Sun, sail, friends and unforgettable memories
Sailing Holiday Seychelles - Points of Interest
Mahe – Over 1,000 miles from the east coast of Africa the island of Mahe's jungle clad mountains rise from the Indian Ocean. With over 60 beautiful beaches and coves fringing the island, ranging from sweeping bays of white sand to hidden corners you can make your own, a densely forested interior and small towns with a unique Creole culture, there is much to explore.
National Park in Mahe – Choked in thick forest formation, the enigmatic, central part of the park is virtually deserted and can only be reached by walking trails; you don't have to go far before the outside world starts to feel a long, long way away.
La Digue – If you are looking for a relaxed island vibe, with beautiful beaches and just a touch of local life, La Digue fits the bill perfectly. La Digue has a more laid-back feel than the other main islands, with only a few surfaced roads and virtually no motorised cars (bar a few taxis). It is definitely more of a back-to-nature place than a jet-set-tourist haven, making it possible to find that deserted anse (bay) where you really feel like you've been stranded in paradise.
Praslin – A wicked seductress, Praslin has lots of temptations: stylish lodgings, tangled velvet jungle that's ripe for exploration, curving hills dropping down to gin-clear seas, gorgeous stretches of silky sand edged with palm trees and a slow-motion ambience. No, you're not dreaming, but this is the Seychelles you dreamed of when you first imagined this tropical archipelago.
Vallée de Mai – Gorgeous World Heritage–listed Vallée de Mai is one of only two places in the world where the rare coco de mer palm grows in its natural state (the other being nearby Curieuse Island). It's also a birding hot spot: watch for the endemic Seychelles bulbul, the lovely blue pigeon, the Seychelles warbler and the endangered black parrot, of which there are between 500 and 900 left in the wild. It's a real slice of Eden.
Anse Lazio – on the northwest tip of the Praslin island, is picture-perfect everywhere you look and it often turns up in lists of the world's most beautiful beaches. The long beach has lapis lazuli waters, a thick fringe of palm and takamaka trees, and granite boulders at each extremity.
- Flights, airport transfer, diesel and marina fees are not included.
- Day 1
- Mahé – St. Anne Marine Park : Boarding in Mahé late morning. Anchorage for the night at Saint Anne Marine Park.
- Day 2
- St. Anne Marine Park – Cocos Island – La Digue: Visit of the Saint Anne Marine Park islands, a beautiful spot to do snorkelling. After lunch cruise to Cocos Island which is made of large rocks with strange regular stripes carved by the sea. Cocos Island forms a beautiful sight with a great harmony of shapes and colours. Under the sea, the vision is equally attractive with thousands of fishes. Unforgettable snorkelling.Anchorage in front of the picturesque harbour of La Digue.
- Day 3
- La Digue: Rent a bike at La Digue and visit this quiet and beautiful island. With its tracks winding under tall palm trees, houses with roofs of palm leaves, small coprah factories, fine white sandy beaches and large polished rocks, La Digue might be the most beautiful island in the Seychelles. No cars, only bicycles or carts drawn by oxen. Horse rides are also possible. Anchorage in La Digue harbour.
- Day 4
- La Digue – Cousin – Baie St. Anne (Praslin): Visit of Cousin Island. Since 1968, the island has been a nature reserve and bird sanctuary with rare species and some giant tortoises. Lunch onboard. Afternoon in Praslin. Visit to the Vallée de Mai, a valley under UNESCO protection. A walk in the Vallée is enchanting. The path wanders in the near obscurity created by the enormous palm leaves of “Cocos de mer”. The trunks are 40 m high and sway gently in the breeze, making a strange rustling sound as they rub against each other. Anchorage in Baie St. Anne.
- Day 5
- Baie St. Anne – Grande Soeur – Curieuse or Anse Petite Cour (Praslin) Grande Soeur: Barbecue on the beach, one of the most beautiful in Seychelles. A 40 min walk to discover the island, water sports, and relaxation. Anchorage in Curieuse or Anse Petite Cour for the night.
- Day 6
- Curieuse – Saint Pierre – Anse Volbert or Anse Lazio (Praslin) Curieuse: This island is part of the Marine National Park, more than a hundred tortoises live here. After lunch, Saint Pierre islet, a mass of rounded rocks crowned with a clump of tall palms swaying gently in the wind: typical and superb scenery of Seychelles photographed on countless occasions and printed a million times in tourism magazines! Excellent spot for snorkelling with magnificent underwater scenery. Anchorage for the night in Anse Volbert or Anse Lazio, Praslin.
- Day 7
- Anse Volbert or Anse Lazio (Praslin) – Mahé: Snorkeling, swimming and water sport activities on the beautiful beaches of Praslin.
- Day 8
- Disembarkation in Praslin early morning.
No attendee found! Be the first one to book!