BVI is truly a sailor’s paradise. It is one of those places that have to be lived, to be fully understood. An adventure at sea is in store whether you’re a first-time sailor or an experienced captain thanks to consistent trade winds, clear water and sunshine every day.
Discovering the beauty of BVI is all about uncovering the unique character of each island in this unspoiled volcanic archipelago. From the culture and history of BVI’s four largest islands to the pristine natural splendour of more then 50 smaller isles, every place you drop anchor offers its own special magic. Be drawn in by Virgin Gorda’s natural granite pillars. Rediscover play and adventure in Tortola. Let the island spirit move you on Jost Van Dyke. Glimpse perfection in Anegada. No matter where you stop in the BVI, you’ll find friendly people and incredible beaches that exceed all expectations.
|Weather:||subtropical, 25-29 degrees throughout the day - 21-25 degrees at night.|
|Airport:||Direct flight to Beef Island Tortola Airport or flights to other islands - St. Marteen, Barbados, Martinique + local flight towards Beef Island Tortola Airport.|
POINTS OF INTEREST
The Baths, Virgin Gorda
Supposedly named ‘The Fat Virgin’ by Christopher Columbus, Virgin Gorda is the third largest island in the BVI. Visitors will be stunned by the natural beauty of The Baths National Park offering some of the best snorkeling in the islands. Spanish Town offers good nightlife, with a lively piano bar and a small but good selection of restaurants whilst The Gorda Sound with its protected anchorages and beautiful scenery is the perfect place to while away the hours with a cocktail as the sun sets over the water
Rhone Shipwrek, Salt Island
The wreck of the RMS Rhone is considered to be one of the best wreck dives in the Caribbean, if not in the world. It is the wreckage of a Royal Mail steamship that got caught in a hurricane in October 1867
Another great stop on your way to Jost van Dyke is Sandy Spit. A tiny uninhabited Cay like Sandy Cay, surrounded by a picture perfect, 360° white sand beach, boaters and visitors from all over the world love sun bathing, excellent snorkeling, picnics and watersports there. Naturally as uninhabited cays go, there is no dock, so prepare to get wet and swim to shore. A treasure of the BVI!
Foxy’s is located on Jost Van Dyke. At just 3.5 square miles and about 300 inhabitants, the pace is a bit slower here. Whether you stay for a day or a week, you’ll find plenty to do. Sly Fox and Dread Fox are the speciality drinks of the house made with Foxy’s own rum! And don’t forget Foxy’s draft beers fresh from Foxy’s own microbrewery on Jost Van Dyke!
The best lobster in the BVI! We cannot describe it...you have to taste it!
Jost Van Dyke
Jost is well known for its relaxed laid back atmosphere with some of the best beach bars in the BVI. You can swim in from your boat to the Soggy Dollar Bar in White Bay and experience a Painkiller – a rum-based island specialty! For those looking to stretch their legs then you can walk from Diamond Cay to the Bubbly pool and splash about in the natural wave pool
FROM OUR GALLERY
OUR SAILING HOLIDAYS
- If I don't sleep on deck, I choose always one of the beam cabins, so that see the flag through the hatch in the morning. It's a view with coffee flavour, touched by some good morning music. It's the view that's saying "it's windy today, perfect for sailing!" And if there's no wind, no worries, we will motor it further. We laugh, talk, have a drink...while the last nights destination disappears behind us. This salty mix, the wind, having a bath somewhere in the middle of the sea, sails, anchoring in a wild bay, mint in your cocktail, Pink Martini with "ne veut pas travailler", nights on watch...this mix is my spoiled freedom vibe...sailing holidays...
- It was a sweet and salty mix with mint, strawberries and basil favours. We had it all...sun, rum, beautiful people, breathtaking views, turquoise waters and mindblowing sunsets. I have seen all this before, but the best ingredient of all were the people with whom I've shared it. This is the most important of it all... Sooo... A BIG THANK YOU! Can't wait for the next one!
- Let's talk about freedom...happiness...wild experience...life...art...moments...friendship...adventure...love...inner peace...miracles...fun in the sun...cloudy nights and sunny mornings...the blue sea and the full moon... Let's talk about doing what you love... I love freedom...Can't wait for the next one!
- Thank you very much for the sailing holiday in the Ionian Islands. I have to admit that the route you suggested was exactly what we wished for. Being with the whole family I was a little anxious how they will react and how everything will happen. But it was great, we visited unbelievably beautiful places - the Fagri was delicious! Our kids have enjoyed it a lot, as well as our friends. We're already planning for next year! See you soon!
- It was a fantastic experience! The boat, the sea, the places, our new friends onboard, it was a perfect match that made our holiday even more beautiful. We still dream about the freedom that such a holiday gives you - to jump in the sea whenever you like...to sleep on deck under the stars... It was an unforgettable week, and I would recommend this experience to anyone, like I did it with all my friends. The freedom you feel onboard is addictive and we are already planning our next trip!
- It's pretty had to explain how and what I was feeling... But I will try... Don't know...it seems THE ULTIMATE VACATION: the sea, bathing everywhere, strangers, interesting people, clubs, the sky full of stars...everywhere stars on the sky...and everything is absolutely natural. Compared to real life, where you don't look further than 3m, here you feel the need to watch the sky. And it's because of the boat... I knew from previous discussions that we will feel the breeze all day long, but the way it feels was beyond my expectations. There is something happening, the wind, the darkness, the music...everything fits together perfectly, it's a unique symbiosis that amplifies what you feel and makes you want it more. The music sounds better, the breeze is different, the darkness is brighter... The watermelon cocktail...is not only that it tastes different, but the thing is how it's shared...