Known as ‘the island of the never-ending summer’, Martinique enjoys an average temperature of 26° year-round and keeps cool in steady trade winds. Martinique is a perfect destination for Caribbean sailing holidays and is one that showcases the French Caribbean at its finest.
The capital, Fort de France, fully lives up to that description celebrating every aspect of the island’s all-encompassing French culture with style and panache. Creole friendliness and French elegance, coupled with the natural paradise of fine sand beaches, make Martinique the ideal destination which will leave its mark on seafarers who decide to spend here their sailing holidays.
|Weather:||between December and April when the weather is sunny with occasional rainstorms and temperatures of around 27°C|
|Documents:||Visa at the airport
Passport valability - at least 6 months from return date
Return flight ticket
|Airport:||Le Lamentin - Martinique Aimé Césaire International Airport|
POINTS OF INTEREST
Martinique - Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Tobago Cays - Bequia - Grenada - St. Lucia
Fort de France - There are some fine shops with Parisian wares (at Parisian prices), including French lingerie, St. Laurent clothes, Cacharel perfume, and sexy stiletto heels. Near the harbor is a lively indoor marketplace (grand marché), where produce and spices are sold.
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
A string of 32 islands and cays makes up the nation of St. Vincent and the Grenadines. St. Vincent is one of the least touristy islands in the Caribbean. The beaches are either tiny crescents of black or brown sand on remote leeward bays or sweeping expanses of the same black sand pounded by Atlantic surf
a popular vacation destination in its own right. Bequia’s Admiralty Bay is one of the prettiest anchorages in the Caribbean. With superb views, snorkeling, hiking, and swimming, the island has much to offer the international mix of backpackers, landlubbers, and boaters who frequent its shores
five uninhabited islands south of Canouan and east of Mayreau that draw snorkelers, divers, and boaters. Surrounded by a shallow reef, the tiny islands have rustling palm trees, pristine beaches with powdery sand, the clearest water imaginable in varying shades of brilliant blue-and plenty of resident fish and sea turtles
With a lush interior featuring towering mountains, dense rain forest, fertile valleys, and acres of banana plantations, St. Lucia is mostly distinguished by the Pitons—twin peaks that soar high above the ocean floor on the southwest coast
Rum de Santa Lucia
one of the finest in the world...
FROM OUR GALLERY
- If I don't sleep on deck, I choose always one of the beam cabins, so that see the flag through the hatch in the morning. It's a view with coffee flavour, touched by some good morning music. It's the view that's saying "it's windy today, perfect for sailing!" And if there's no wind, no worries, we will motor it further. We laugh, talk, have a drink...while the last nights destination disappears behind us. This salty mix, the wind, having a bath somewhere in the middle of the sea, sails, anchoring in a wild bay, mint in your cocktail, Pink Martini with "ne veut pas travailler", nights on watch...this mix is my spoiled freedom vibe...sailing holidays...
- It was a sweet and salty mix with mint, strawberries and basil favours. We had it all...sun, rum, beautiful people, breathtaking views, turquoise waters and mindblowing sunsets. I have seen all this before, but the best ingredient of all were the people with whom I've shared it. This is the most important of it all... Sooo... A BIG THANK YOU! Can't wait for the next one!
- Let's talk about freedom...happiness...wild experience...life...art...moments...friendship...adventure...love...inner peace...miracles...fun in the sun...cloudy nights and sunny mornings...the blue sea and the full moon... Let's talk about doing what you love... I love freedom...Can't wait for the next one!
- Thank you very much for the sailing holiday in the Ionian Islands. I have to admit that the route you suggested was exactly what we wished for. Being with the whole family I was a little anxious how they will react and how everything will happen. But it was great, we visited unbelievably beautiful places - the Fagri was delicious! Our kids have enjoyed it a lot, as well as our friends. We're already planning for next year! See you soon!
- It was a fantastic experience! The boat, the sea, the places, our new friends onboard, it was a perfect match that made our holiday even more beautiful. We still dream about the freedom that such a holiday gives you - to jump in the sea whenever you like...to sleep on deck under the stars... It was an unforgettable week, and I would recommend this experience to anyone, like I did it with all my friends. The freedom you feel onboard is addictive and we are already planning our next trip!
- It's pretty had to explain how and what I was feeling... But I will try... Don't know...it seems THE ULTIMATE VACATION: the sea, bathing everywhere, strangers, interesting people, clubs, the sky full of stars...everywhere stars on the sky...and everything is absolutely natural. Compared to real life, where you don't look further than 3m, here you feel the need to watch the sky. And it's because of the boat... I knew from previous discussions that we will feel the breeze all day long, but the way it feels was beyond my expectations. There is something happening, the wind, the darkness, the music...everything fits together perfectly, it's a unique symbiosis that amplifies what you feel and makes you want it more. The music sounds better, the breeze is different, the darkness is brighter... The watermelon cocktail...is not only that it tastes different, but the thing is how it's shared...