The Seychelles : As Pure As It Gets. Nothing less than the perfect cocktail of luxury, serenity, and bliss. Mother Nature was very generous with these 115 islands scattered in the Indian Ocean, and has spoiled them rotten. Once believed to have been the original Garden of Eden, The Seychelles’ atolls and islands are rich with exotic plant and animal life and vibrant colour. Much of the area is protected, precious national marine park. Swim, snorkel and dive at some of the world’s finest coral in the company of green and hawksbill turtles.
Undeniably, the beaches are the big attraction in Seychelles, and what beaches: exquisite ribbons of pearlescent sand lapped by topaz waters and backed by lush hills and big glacis boulders. And hardly a soul in sight. But... Sailing around the main Inner Islands, you can explore the exciting capital, Mahé (where we recommend a visit to Victoria market) as well as nearby Praslin and La Digue home to one of the most photographed beaches in the Seychelles, Anse Source D’Argent, with its enormous granite boulders on each side of the bay.
Everything you can dream of, you’ll find it here from the comfort of your own private yacht in this paradise destination.
|Weather:||Average temperature of 27°C, and a range that rarely drops below 24°C or rises above 32°C|
|Language:||French, English, Seselwa|
|Documents:||Visitor permit at the airport
Passport valability - at least 6 months from return date
Return flight ticket
|Airport:||Mahe International Airport|
POINTS OF INTEREST - Seychelles
Over 1,000 miles from the east coast of Africa the island of Mahe's jungle clad mountains rise from the Indian Ocean. With over 60 beautiful beaches and coves fringing the island, ranging from sweeping bays of white sand to hidden corners you can make your own, a densely forested interior and small towns with a unique Creole culture, there is much to explore.
National park in Mahé
Choked in thick forest formation, the enigmatic, central part of the park is virtually deserted and can only be reached by walking trails; you don't have to go far before the outside world starts to feel a long, long way away.
If you are looking for a relaxed island vibe, with beautiful beaches and just a touch of local life, La Digue fits the bill perfectly. La Digue has a more laid-back feel than the other main islands, with only a few surfaced roads and virtually no motorised cars (bar a few taxis). It is definitely more of a back-to-nature place than a jet-set-tourist haven, making it possible to find that deserted anse (bay) where you really feel like you've been stranded in paradise.
A wicked seductress, Praslin has lots of temptations: stylish lodgings, tangled velvet jungle that's ripe for exploration, curving hills dropping down to gin-clear seas, gorgeous stretches of silky sand edged with palm trees and a slow-motion ambience. No, you're not dreaming, but this is the Seychelles you dreamed of when you first imagined this tropical archipelago
Vallée de Mai
Gorgeous World Heritage–listed Vallée de Mai is one of only two places in the world where the rare coco de mer palm grows in its natural state (the other being nearby Curieuse Island). It's also a birding hot spot: watch for the endemic Seychelles bulbul, the lovely blue pigeon, the Seychelles warbler and the endangered black parrot, of which there are between 500 and 900 left in the wild. It's a real slice of Eden.
Anse Lazio, on the northwest tip of the island, is picture-perfect everywhere you look and it often turns up in lists of the world's most beautiful beaches. The long beach has lapis lazuli waters, a thick fringe of palm and takamaka trees, and granite boulders at each extremity.
FROM OUR GALLERY
- If I don't sleep on deck, I choose always one of the beam cabins, so that see the flag through the hatch in the morning. It's a view with coffee flavour, touched by some good morning music. It's the view that's saying "it's windy today, perfect for sailing!" And if there's no wind, no worries, we will motor it further. We laugh, talk, have a drink...while the last nights destination disappears behind us. This salty mix, the wind, having a bath somewhere in the middle of the sea, sails, anchoring in a wild bay, mint in your cocktail, Pink Martini with "ne veut pas travailler", nights on watch...this mix is my spoiled freedom vibe...sailing holidays...
- It was a sweet and salty mix with mint, strawberries and basil favours. We had it all...sun, rum, beautiful people, breathtaking views, turquoise waters and mindblowing sunsets. I have seen all this before, but the best ingredient of all were the people with whom I've shared it. This is the most important of it all... Sooo... A BIG THANK YOU! Can't wait for the next one!
- Let's talk about freedom...happiness...wild experience...life...art...moments...friendship...adventure...love...inner peace...miracles...fun in the sun...cloudy nights and sunny mornings...the blue sea and the full moon... Let's talk about doing what you love... I love freedom...Can't wait for the next one!
- Thank you very much for the sailing holiday in the Ionian Islands. I have to admit that the route you suggested was exactly what we wished for. Being with the whole family I was a little anxious how they will react and how everything will happen. But it was great, we visited unbelievably beautiful places - the Fagri was delicious! Our kids have enjoyed it a lot, as well as our friends. We're already planning for next year! See you soon!
- It was a fantastic experience! The boat, the sea, the places, our new friends onboard, it was a perfect match that made our holiday even more beautiful. We still dream about the freedom that such a holiday gives you - to jump in the sea whenever you like...to sleep on deck under the stars... It was an unforgettable week, and I would recommend this experience to anyone, like I did it with all my friends. The freedom you feel onboard is addictive and we are already planning our next trip!
- It's pretty had to explain how and what I was feeling... But I will try... Don't know...it seems THE ULTIMATE VACATION: the sea, bathing everywhere, strangers, interesting people, clubs, the sky full of stars...everywhere stars on the sky...and everything is absolutely natural. Compared to real life, where you don't look further than 3m, here you feel the need to watch the sky. And it's because of the boat... I knew from previous discussions that we will feel the breeze all day long, but the way it feels was beyond my expectations. There is something happening, the wind, the darkness, the music...everything fits together perfectly, it's a unique symbiosis that amplifies what you feel and makes you want it more. The music sounds better, the breeze is different, the darkness is brighter... The watermelon cocktail...is not only that it tastes different, but the thing is how it's shared...